Weekend Adventures

I had one of those weekends where you're too busy doing all the things.

I spent a majority of the weekend crashing with one of my oldest friends. Her (new-ish!) fiancĂ© went out of town so she decided to have a girls' weekend at her place. We made cocktails, ate junk food, watched Netflix, slept on an inflatable mattress, and last but not least, listened to a lot of Selena. Like for real, we love Selena. These are things we've been doing since we were in elementary school (minus the cocktails and Netflix for obvious reasons) and it was fun to get to 'relive' those old memories! 


Anything for Selenas

An old friend of mine happened to be visiting this weekend so I also got to spend some time with him. He moved to Albuquerque for college and is now running for city council there! He's one of the most dedicated and driven people I know. I guess you kinda have to be if you're running for public office in your early twenties! 

Salsa Fest was also this weekend. I missed the tasting competition again (second year in a row!) and I'm kind of still upset about it. I still got to walk around and drink some wine though, so it's all good. 


I was so busy that I forgot to take photos or document any part of my weekend, but I think that's a good thing! It's easy to get caught up in social media when you're out and about and want to share your fun experiences, but often times that can cause people to miss out on a actually experiencing anything. It's definitely one of my pet peeves. I hate seeing people at an event with their phones glued to their faces. I'm glad I was able to enjoy my (busy) weekend and actually appreciate it!


Hope everyone else had a fun weekend too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a #GIRLBOSS/Saint

ABQ Adventures

That New New